This 5-year program provides up to $10,000 in funding to on-farm businesses such as food farmers, producers, packers, and ranchers in BC who want to earn food safety certifications and implement food safety improvement activities.
This 5-year program provides up to $20,000 in funding to BC food and beverage manufacturing facilities, leading toward the implementation of activities which directly encourage stronger food safety practices.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be either federally or provincially registered businesses with an active GST number.
- Must be based and operating in the province of British Columbia.
- Constitute a legal entity (an association, corporation, partnership, proprietorship, trust, or individual that has legal standing in the eyes of law).
- Comply with all requirements of law prior to and during the term of contribution.
- File business and/or farm income/loss taxes in BC.
- Have an active Canada Revenue Agency 9-digit business registration number.